Sunday, June 6, 2010

A cube, flowers, a ladder, a horse and a storm

Once upon a time, I entered a black room, all black from top to bottom and from side to side. Mysteriously it had no doors or windows, I didn't know how did I entered there, but it didn't matter, because I felt safe, calm and peaceful.

The room was big, and there was a ladder laid on the left wall of the room, and on the wall just behind me there was a chalk bar. All the rest of this cubicle room was empty.

I stayed still for many moments, just looking around, but there was nothing to look at… so I picked up the chalk, and started drawing, a dribble on the floor, for starters… a curve here and there, and some straight lines, strangely it ended building up to be a nice flower, covering the whole floor.

And again I stayed still for many moments more, looking at the flower I drew on the floor, suddenly a flower, wasn't enough, I wanted more… so I erased it all and instead of drawing a flower I drew a bunch of them, and in this rampaging drawing fever I turn to the right wall and started drawing an animal to pasture in this filed I was creating.

I drew a horse on the right wall, a mustang to be precise, a free, stubborn and strong horse, and the most beautiful thing anyone has ever seen.

Moments passed I would change and adapt my drawing to what I deemed perfection, but while doing that I noticed that the flowers didn't grow, they just bloomed and nothing more… And I needed to change this.

I thought about it for a long time, and I finally remembered that flowers need water to grow, so I walked up to the front wall and started to draw some rain, but some rain wasn't enough, so I drew a bit more, and then more and more and more… until It became a storm! But the flowers weren't growing, and then I remembered that flowers need light to grow also. So I drew a light, a lightning bolt. And the flowers started growing, reaching my knees.

This happened all once upon a time, but yesterday my friend said that this is just a metaphor for my life… Is it really?

3 comments:

Ann Flowers said...

I just recently discovered your blog and am so glad I did. What a sweet post!

John said...

Thank you very much. We're glad you found us too, and most importantly that you enjoy our ideas and stories.
I hope you keep on with us.
John Scar Kramer

John said...

hi you back?

Sound Track