Monday, March 15, 2010

Lemons to make lemonade


Having felt sometimes that life doesn't give me the desired and/or deserved lemons, I wonder through the orchard.

And that's me… I live life not fighting for what I deserve or what I don't deserve, but instead wondering because fighting spills too much blood, and while wondering I can only be accused of not carrying or being distracted. Blood isn't spoiled down to my hands, because I don't fight, yet I am not without blame.

Because Although wondering doesn't influence on the extending of the battle, people have convinced society, who with such non-grateful favor convinced me, that standing idly by is just as criminal as shooting a gun… I can see that not seeking an end to a war is bad…

But I must complain of this provocation. Sitting idly by, without picking sides or benefiting any party, shouldn't be compared to an act of such violence as some seem to want it to be… And I feel that this people who feed this ideals to society do not acknowledge the full extent this provocation might grow to.

Imagine, my dear reader, as I did, that we should live in world of only four nations, picture them as being so:



(A, B, C and D) All Having at least one border with each other. Let us have that nations B and C wage war against each other, A finds that the war should end and D claims to be neutral.

As C and B fight off for years, the people of nation A parade their discontent, and argue about which side has the most reason to wage war against the other, and nation D communicates that as long as their nation isn't injured by this war they shall not take sides.

  1. Nations C and B keep fighting, nation's A population urge the government to take part in ending the war. Nation D keeps on living…
  2. Fight continues. Government in nation A takes a side approved by majority as to be the one with most reason, start to assemble the army to support nation B. Nation D keeps living idly by.
  3. Nations C and B keep fighting, but B has now the support of A. Nation C asks for nation D's support. Nation D refuses to take part.
  4. Nation C succumbs to A and B, who are declared winners. Nation D keeps neutrality
  5. C takes a last shoot at redemption and deploys a big attack at nations A and B all re-start fighting again. D declares to be neutral and isn't in anyway harmed

The reader can continue to speculate in the matter, in my reasoning nation D will get of fine until the rest feel jealousy over the immaculate state of that nation around so much death and pain. But I'm opened to hear other reasonable perspectives.

But anyway it must be admitted by at least the few of you reading this that fighting even for the right reasons will bring more victims than to wonder…

In the end, wondering through the orchard will lead me to find a fallen lemon, and then I will make lemonade to enjoy after my wondering journey.

No comments:

Sound Track