Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A Serious Man (2009)

I've seen 3 of the Coen brothers' movies, so I think I can already make some judgement. It may not be fair, or true to their real style, but it's what I can.

Coen brothers' movies = dark humor with no real point...

I guess that's it, their movies aren't comedies but you can still laugh, their humor is intelligent and it's more like nothing's going on. It's like they caught someone's life in the middle, started shooting and made a movie with that.
This one in particular is quite good. Everything is going wrong to a middle aged physicist (some resemblence with someone's future is pure coincidence), no one seems to be able to help and... well that's it. Quite an emotional ending, because... it just ended. Like that.
So my analysis can be somehow reformulated.

Coen brother's movies = 1 to 2 hours of (funny) 'things' with no real point = life.

No comments:

Sound Track