Sunday, November 22, 2009

I followed Jack

"People who cease to believe in God or goodness altogether still believe in the devil. I don't know why. No, I do indeed know why. Evil is always possible. And goodness is eternally difficult."

Louis de Pointe du Lac

I followed jack's advice and arranged myself sometime to see the movie "The Mist". I'll jump the quality evaluation, to say that I cried in the end and I'll tell you why.

There's a lady in the roster of characters that pains my heart to hear speak. Her name is Mrs. Carmody, a middle-aged townswoman with a borderline reputation as a witch and an extreme belief in a bloodthirsty God.

Throughout the story line she preaches an adulterated word of the lord, miss quoting the bible's book of exodus, to explain the event and the monstrosity they are subjected to.

To educate some of you:

The exodus is the book from the Old Testament, and in it has the story of the Jewish people living in Egypt, as slaves. In this book lies the 10 commandments and the 10 plagues, a favorite of the bible freak fanatics and doomsday believer, such as Mrs. Carmody.

Many people confuse the plagues to be an act of punishment, but they weren't the plagues that haunted the Egyptian empire, happened to break the Jews from the chains of slavery.

In no part of the bible does God harm the human for the purpose of solely punish them, in fact God is always protecting from greater evils.


 

I understand that people's humanity would shatter into a million pieces and there would be desperate attempts to end the pain and suffering. And a bloodthirsty God is better than an unknown cloud of white smoke with strange beings inside. I just wish that weren't so…

As the ending goes, it reminds me of the burden to live in pain and the painless idea that death seams to portrait.

The reason I cried? The weakness of the humanity.

No comments:

Sound Track