Sunday, May 10, 2009

Quiet Friends

We had a funny - kind of awkward - social situation this weekend. I guess it was my fault... But we have to try this things out! See how we deal with them.

What I learned, which I actually already knew, is that silence is a very important matter in friendships. The good ones can afford to have it, the bad ones cannot.

I guess thare are two types of good friends:
  • those who talk about everything, everywhere and everytime. With these ones you never get tired of sharing stuff, you can just talk and talk and keep talking like forever, because you have always something to say.
  • those who talk about everything, everywhere... With these ones you can have moments when you don't have to talk and you feel confortable anyway. It doesn't mean you have nothing to say, it just means you have nothing to say right now, and you're sure you'll have time to say it, 'cause they aren't going anywhere.
Both are hard to find. And both are great friends.
Not being a very chatty person sometimes, I prefer those friendships where I don't feel the pressure of silence, and so, that's what I aim at, when I meet someone I like. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.
I guess if there's a test by which you can "rate" your friendships, it's seeing how confortable you feel being in silence within them.

No comments:

Sound Track