Monday, May 11, 2009

Reediting Quiet Friends

As Jack said “We had a funny - kind of awkward - social situation this weekend.” And it was all Jack’s fault.

You see Jack tried to broaden our little social circle, introducing two much unknown female friends, joining the two parts for dinner.

I joined in late, for work related reasons, but during my journey to supper several thoughts ran through my mind. “What are Jack’s real intentions? Is he doing this, because he has a little crush in one of the girls? Is he hopping to introduce her, and her friend, to us to hear whatever gibberish and bad mouth we have to say about them? Or worst? Did he invite her friend so that she meets me?”

When the last came to mind, I almost crashed my head into a recycling bin (not to worry I wasn’t driving, already parked, and was walking). Which cleared my mind, and reminded me this was Jack I was thinking about, and Jack‘s Jack, a little naive gentlemen, who hesitates at every turn, making choices his weakest spot in his curriculum (how do you think we ended up friends), and he gave me five chances of calling him gay (and I’m not talking about the French meaning of the word) throughout the night. And this enlightening gave me confidence to joke around all night, and spend the whole time without knowledge of the tow girls names.

Needless to say that the night went well, and that we’re probably not going to repeat this soon, you know because of all the silence, or maybe too little of it.

John Scar Kramer

P.S.: Things close awfully soon in this town, there are really only few cities that never sleep

No comments:

Sound Track