Monday, October 5, 2009

SPAv (Stupidity is Perfect in Aquatic vacations)

I've been retained in a peaceful environment for three days, wonderful days they were, but in such peaceful environment only I could think about was death, war and conflict.

And to nature those thoughts I seeded in my mind, I ended up reading this marvelous piece of dialog:

Death: Each one of you,

My clammy hands must touch.

Each one must bend his

Forehead to my kiss.

But, hark!

Methinks a mortal doth approach!

What have we here?

What beauty by my side?

A rose in bloom, a shrinking violet?

Perhaps she has a mind to be my bride.

Victim: I don't want to die!

Death: But Death we are and have always been.

Victim: Someone help me!

Please!

What have I done?

Death: We all die!

Victim: But I'm young!

Death: Death is no respecter of age!

It can come any time, any place.

Just as this flesh is pink now...so it will turn gray and wrinkle with age.

Victim: Let me live! I don't care!

Death: Then why should you care if you die now?

Death: And suppose Death had a heart

to love and to release you?

To whom would he turn his passion?

Would you choose a person from the crowd there?

A person to suffer; as you do?

Suicide: Monsieur Death, take me!

I adore you!

Death: You wait your turn!

Well...

Do you know what it means…

To be loved by Death?

To become our bride? Adapted from An interview with a vampire

Beautiful, isn't it?

But not only had the supernatural taunted my thoughts, as they traveled the wide universe to raise the simple question: Should we be truly overzealous against war?

Let's imagine that in the whole wide universe there's a similar species like the ones we seem to be… imagine that!

They live in a far, yet near, star system, and to their lucky break they are somehow a couple of hundred years ahead of us in technology and stuff like so… Imagine that!

And they build a spaceship and navigate, quite unexpectedly on purpose, to here our home planet… what then?

What should we do then?

A Welcome is for sure the answer, but what type of welcoming "party" should we deliver?

A Martial one or a more fraternal one?

When i reached this question i fell asleep on the Jacuzzi and never deliberated about it again , leaving to you to see the trade-offs of the situation.

But now that i'm back…

To the city of my desires, hopes and dreams I just want to go back to my thoughtless sleep, friend joking and late night babe-sitting. Like I was doing before, because rest is only as good as the strength one want's to waste preparing for it.

Signing off for just a little while…

ME

No comments:

Sound Track