Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What a clever Godson I have

It happened last Saturday during lunch time, everyone was sited at the table, we were all except one. My godson was having a tantrum and didn't want to sit at the table and eat, although he liked the menu very much.

We waited all at the table for him to reconsider and join us so that could finally start to enjoy the fruits of my parents' labor, but he did no such thing. My father waited five minutes, but then he could not hold any more steam, he arose from his sit with a accelerated pace went to find my little godson.

They confronted each other in a place where we, the ones sited at the table could not see, but could hear; and the radio novel went like so:

Father: Behave yourself and go join us at the table, THIS INSTANT!!

Godson: NO!! I DON'T WANT TO!!!

F: Do as I tell you or you'll see!

G: No!

F: You have two options either you behave yourself or I'll slap you!

(And there was silence for 5 hole seconds where I can only assume my godson though about the words he was about to say)

G: I want the slap but with little strength

My father then granted his wish.

F: Now behave yourself and join us at the table…

G: No! I got the slap so now I don't have to behave; you go to the table…

Eventually he joined us for lunch, after a while. But here is a seven years old child that given the choice between two bad things (in one he would get hurt in the other would be his pride) he decided to control how the option he choose would affect him, Brilliant! I'm so proud! There are many adults that can't even imagine doing the same.

No comments:

Sound Track