Monday, October 26, 2009

The way it happens...

Well, i guess we can establish that love/liking/caring [whatever you want to call it] it's a part of our life.

Most people have already had someone else than who they're with now and most of them [i don't want to say everyone cause i don't want to hurt anyone's beliefs] will be with someone else.
What i find absolutely amazing is the transition from the last one to the next one. After been supportive to a few friends after their relationships went wrong, i think i can sum "the after" up to three different steps.

1º Step
Well this is be the most complex phase. You find yourself in a situation in which everything that was certain ain't anymore and that get painful. You can either deny you're hurting, or you get out there screwing everyone one you can, you may isolate yourself, you may pretend everything is alright...There are so many possibilities..The thing is this process as much as it sucks is essential to get to its end game: getting over her/him.

Hoobastank - I don't think I love you



I'm sorry, I'm sorry
I never though that it would come to this
I know we'll never get back
To what we were before
Cause I know that i don't love you anymore.


2º Step
After you've realized you're world has fell apart you start doubting yourself. You've dedicated so much time to that person that she/he became a huge part of who you were. With no one to define you, you reach an identity crises.Who was I before all of that? Who am I now?

Hoobastank - Who the hell am I?



I won't apologize
For who i come to be
Cause who the hell am I
If I can't be me
I've wasted to much time
On insecurities
Cause who the hell am I
If I can't be me


3º Step
The irony of this is it always ends up the same way: you get involved again..

Hoobastank - You're the one




I'm ready to begin
A brand new chapter of our lives
Just tell me
Where and When


As I think about the matters of life, I'm learning more and more about the human condition, its nature,its needs, its fears..

Basically, pain is a reality. There is no running away from that. And when it comes to people liking each other..

R.E.M. - Everybody Hurts

1 comment:

Jack said...

I guess it's always different for everyone, but that's a nice way to sum it up.
It's not as "fun" when you break up mad with each other, 'cause then you skip the step of hitting rock bottom wich, apart from being painful, can always teach you something.
There's my sadistic vein popping up! :P

Sound Track