Thursday, July 23, 2009

When the wild west is explored by teens



During the summer vacation, every young one wants to go travel with his peers, to the wild, to other countries, to the beach… to whatever it is your interest.

Let's supposes you like camping and you're planning some of your friends to go in a camping trip with you (any connection to the real life is totally illogical and insane), and you start inviting a short number of friends, and start organizing the trip for the week of, (let's say out of the top of my head), 24-30.

Almost everyone you invited have joined in making, a predictable 10 people group, which means that it is 3 to 4 tends to be used. Great it will be a good experience, which you'll be sure to enjoy.

10 people neither a small nor a big group; it is fine, until you get a call… triiiin… (You pick up)… It's one of your friends asking if you don't mind if he/she asked his/hers current/soon to be boy/girlfriend to join the camping trip… You respond positive to that request, what's one more, right?

So 11 people group, still neither small nor a big group, it is fine, but then it rings again, and again, and again, and again, before you know it isn't 10 or 11 anymore it is 20 or 21 people to the small camping trip you had planed…

No big deal that's what 8-9 tents… and there will be no problem because if someone gets a little fed up of someone they can always change tents, leaving things with no harm done… And although you never met some of this fellows that are joining your sweet calm vacations, you're positive that they are alright kind of people. So nothing can go wrong can it?

Unless…

Recently (again no connection what so ever to real events) you were part of a group of… 6 people (out of my head), may be 9, that settled for a week in the south, let's say Algarve, Oura… and it took you only three maybe four days to feel a little – how should I put it – sick of so much secrecy and gossiping.

Nah… Forget it, it won't happen again… that time there were too much people for a such small place, this time it there's plenty of space, but no really cooked meals, or soft beds, and who knows in what state the public showers are, or if there will be even hot water or not…

Nah… I'm sure the wildness and nature all around us will suppress any negative energy that might eventually rise.

John Scar Kramer

asks What do you say?


10 comments:

Olivia said...

That's quite a question... If that was me, I would give it a try =P

You can't avoid some problems in this kind of 'events'... You can only give more importance to the good time you have and forget the bad moments. Of course that when you have 3 or 4 good hours in 48 bad, you'll probably have a hard time to remember those good moments... But that wasn't exactly what happend was it?

Give it chance.. If it doesn't work with the people you don't know and don't know what to expect, at least give a chance to the friends you almost everytime have a good time with =)

*

John said...

What a sharp shooter!
Let me start by saying that you make and incredible point, good times should prevail over the bad, even if they are little.
But i have several points where i deeply disagree with you.

The first, is after 48 long hours, believe no small good time will make a difference. 48 hours is two days on the full, brain meltdown only takes A push, i say forty eight hours would be more than a little push wouldn't you?

Second, i know so well the people i call friends that i know what they drive their attention to, and let's say new red meat is more exiting than an old brain.
I know it is unfair to write such a thing about my friends, but it is true, until proven other wise... I've known them for more than five years and believe me most of the time, i'm with them i'm alone.

And third thing and last, i forgot to mention this before, girls don't usually like wild life, so you scream, and you have the so low-pitched screams which drive me mad.

What say you now?
John Scar Kramer

Jack said...

That is so fucking unfair!
Fuck you!

Jack said...

Congratulations, you got yourself a reaction!

John said...

it is unfair it is fucked up, but it doesn't make it any less true.

But my friends aren't the all to blame, great part of this issue is my fault, i don't keep concentrated, i do maunder when they are there, i do not listen when they talk.

Don't miss judge this claimer now, i still stand 100% behind what i said earlier. Because i have a part on this injustice, but so do you...

if you want prof of what i say just think back to the last time we've met...

John Scar Kramer

Olivia said...

I'm back x)

1st - when I said "Of course that when you have 3 or 4 good hours in 48 bad, you'll probably have a hard time to remember those good moments", I wasn't being sarcastic, I was really saying that when that happens you can't look back and think about those great 4 hours (and I speak by experience..).

2nd - are your friends all like that, don't you ever have a good time with them? If that happens you are right, I just wrongly assumed you did have a fun time with your friends.

3rd - the person who had the idea of go camping must be really stupid because no one seems to really want to go camping.. "We have to take stinky repellent!", "Will we have to sleep on the floor?", "Why don't we just rent an apartment??"! Girls are hysterical and they are scared of everything, boys don't have any pacience and don't want to endure with the hysterical girls... Next time (and now I'm not really talking about you..), other people should try to thing of something else to do before the stupid people think about going camping. I'm sure the stupid people had the best intentions x)

Maybe you're right, but I would still give it a try!

*

John said...

Let's go all over again, shall we?

To Olivia;
I'll only comment the second and third points of your last... comment/argument, because the first I've already spoken my justice and i don't enjoy repeating myself- although i do so many times.

So to the second point (and everyone please take a close attention to this part).
I never said i had a bad time with my friends or that i don't enjoy being with them.
Everyone knows that quality oversteps quantity most of the times, and i always have a great time with my friends, but in this times theres a lot that i'm still an outsider, and get my self distant from the discussion or the theme - i'm sure this happens to other people too - that's when i feel left alone by my peers. Jack and DeWinter are both my greatest friends, if they're in trouble i'm sure i'll do the best to help them find the their way out. Sometimes my comments are a bit out of hand or misinterpreted, i can only for them to accept or correct me...
Because that's what is friendship about.

to look at the 3rd part of your comment i just wanted to ask if your looking at a mirror or if that is aimed for somebody else, sarcastically or not.

Jack said...

@ Olivia:

I do. Honestly! :P The thing is... ANTS!! :O
Just kidding, I'm with you, all the way!

Olivia said...

=)

To the second point: ok. So I misunderstood your first coment..

To the third point: why are you asking me if I'm looking in the mirror or aiming for somebody else? Why should I, weren't you speaking hypothetically, that "any connection to the real life is totally illogical and insane"? =P

*

John said...

Check mate!!!
You're right, my bad

Sound Track