Monday, January 4, 2010

Bits 'n Pieces joined together by Camembert Cheese

I’ve been away for a while, for reasons some of you know and for so many others that are my own. But I’ve been trying to write something for a couple of weeks now, and I’ve struggled to find something worth writing. Not that anything has happened, just because it didn’t seem to matter enough to be told. So I come to you today with many things to say, for I decided that if I joined everything together in one big pile of nonsense, it might become a story.

Yesterday I time traveled. And then I died. Couple of hours before, the sky fell upon me (this is quite more literal than you might think at first). I’m starting to think I’m haunted, or maybe Murphy’s Laws are the real deal. But I don’t give up that easy, Man in the Sky, and I keep waiting to hit rock bottom, so I can get back up. Is that all you’ve got?
That afternoon I followed some advice and saw Pixar’s UP (with the old man and the balloons). I remember thinking how high they set the bar with Wall-E and doubting they would do it again. I was right. And yet I had so much fun. I felt close to the characters, sadly not for a good reason but I did. And I LOVED… Squirrel!!!!! :P
I wish I could build my own world, fill it with tiny creatures and giant trolls, whatever I wanted. And I wish I had someone to share it with. I wish I wouldn’t fail on her. I really wish I knew how to be a better friend sometimes… That’s what people keep doing: they build their own worlds. But in their worlds giant trolls aren’t friendly like in mine, they are all killers! And their tiny creatures get together and conspire against them. Their worlds are filled with problems. Most of which are made up or exaggerated because people don’t want their lives fixed. Nobody wants their problems solved. Their dramas. Their distractions. Their stories resolved. Their messes cleaned up. Because what would they have left? Just the big scary unknown.
When I left my made up world, I was brought back to the real one, the one with pain, grieve and tears. The one where everybody dies, whether they’re rich or poor, black or white. There’s no dignity in the way you die, only in the way you live.

The day before yesterday I woke up and I couldn’t lie. No one could. In fact, no one even knew what that was. I don’t like lying very much and I don’t like all the troubles lying brings. But I hated my world that morning; it was harsh, cold and real…

I think I might be ill. I have head hakes almost every day. It might be the weather though.

High/Low? I discovered I love Camembert Cheese. All the rest.

2 comments:

John said...

Amazing, just amazing!!!
I can't say if I understand everything or anything for that matter but it's really awesome the way you write. That's what we've been missing for so long. Just like last year you like to open the year in a big way.
Great story about something (or nothing, i don't quite get it)

Milady De Winter said...

You save me over and over again and yet, you doubt you are the best friend you can.

You are.You saved me again.


So, the most important part of all, what does it make me in you world?
Try to fit someone really needy and fragile and yet independent and strong among all those creatures...

Sound Track