Sunday, February 21, 2010

Drink drinking drank (now with a clear head)



Okay… this one is the real deal yesterday I was too tired to connect some dots.

Yesterday I went to a friend's party, it was his birthday, and so I went to meet him in a small bar in Santos. I walked through the rain until I reached the bar, I entered and there he was with his friends, standing right next to the door. He welcomed me and introduced me to the his friend's quartet, it was so noisy I couldn't catch any of their names so for sake of making some sense of this episode I'll give them some code names (boy1, boy2, girl1 and girl2).

My friend went to the bar to get himself a beer, and I was left to make some observations about his friends:




  1. They smoked like chimneys;
  2. Boy1 and girl1 were dating;
  3. They are the complete opposite of me.
The bar was cozy, which is just another word to say small, and it was crowded, but that did not keep the quartet from jumping out of their sits and give it all in the dance floor. It was funny to see how almost out of nowhere they were able to free themselves and start moving like if they were spelling with their hands in a flowing paint… The black lights with changing tons of color also helped the marveling image… I was petrified, but only noticed when I looked across the bar and saw a frame of erratic movements over an unmovable statue, and the statue was me…

In my shock I decided to take a breather and went outside, where it was still raining, it was fresh and it felt great. After a while, my friend came out also, to reply to a commemorating phone call. We then engaged into a chat about nothing and everything like so many friends do. Upon conclusion of this little talk we went back in… And I was offered, but it must be said that the offering was really insisting, the five of us cheerer and drank our beer, then came the shots tow of a black thingy that was rather sweet.

After this I felt like I was breathing fire and went outside to fresh up my throat, it had stopped raining, but I decided to crouch under a dripping pipe to calm myself down, every cold drop that hit me, felt like a reliever. I was making my way back in when I saw my friend and boy1 coming and so took the opportunity to stay outside a bit longer as we developed a conversation around the topic of relationships ( I don't know why, but although I one of the least experienced person in the matter everyone seeks my advice in this precise matter, it's funny). Then we went back in to the waves that flowed in the bar, drinking something every other quarter of an hour, until I decided it was enough if I wanted to drive home in a couple of hours. For the rest of the night everyone of the group, would from now and then go outside to take a breather… And When the clock stroke 4 we were all out and going in our own direction in search of home and bed to sleep in…

And the last music was:

No comments:

Sound Track