Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Masks for the whole year



Yesterday, I saw a phantom singing Opera and a Donald duck dating Minnie, I saw spider-man in a car with batman, but they didn't seem to be fighting any crime or avenging anything… It all stroked me as odd until I figured it was carnival, after all.

Then I started to take a closer look to everyone's clouding, and came to conclude that the number of nurses and policewomen circulating the streets had risen brutally in the past 24 hours, also half of the city's male population had been transformed in their sleep and a lot had become transvestites… Everyone seemed to be masked, looking everywhere around everyone was except for me… And this could mean so much; it could mean that I don't need a mask because I wear one every day, or that I live so much of my life in anonymity that presenting me has myself is a great mask to wear, or whatever other blog's pseudo psychologists invent… I really don't care

There are hundreds of lectures and lecturers, which claim to be truthful and say that people should not only be ride off the physical masks but also the social, the psychological and emotional masks. And I hate those people… Because those are normally the people that when addressing, between pals, subjects like minorities start speaking by saying "I'm not a racist but… (Hypocrisy)". I'm not like that; at least that's what I think.

But then again I wear so many masks; it's very hard to say… It's really a riddle; I cannot say who I am with or without mask. Today I'm a youngster of 19 years, tomorrow? Maybe I'll be a babysitter, and after that? I'll grow to be a proper economist, a corrupt politician, a great detective or a TV lobbyist… I don't know. I think that every day I'll take a swing at a new mask until I find a perfect fit.

(I like trial and fail, because at every trail there's a possibility that you can get it right and every time you fail is a possibility to try again.)

Those that have masked themselves must have found themselves and decided for a little change, who am I to judge them?

No comments:

Sound Track