Monday, August 31, 2009

Don’t work so hard to put yourself in the gutter (like the rest of us)


Extra-topic note:
I know the opinion I'm about to exploit here, can be in the future completely changed and it will make me a hypocrite to the eyes of you, or even senile. I don't care and I don't mind, because in the way I see it, it's better to be called senile for having the right idea, and then, change to the wrong one; than being called senile just for being wrong all the time.

Peer pressure is a fucked up thing, and I don't mean that it is wrong (because sometimes it evens leads to great happenings), but some just can't handle this things and often get the wrong idea.

Sex it's something we're constantly pressured to desire, not only by pears, but also by TV, radio, marketing, all the big social movers and shakers, pressure the individual to join in to the club of non-virgins. It's almost a Sin to reach the age of 40 without having an actual (this excludes masturbation, which is in fact repulse by society in general).

To make a point to this rant I must admit that I'm in the minority, for I'm still a virgin (a rare thing, I know). And I've heard it all; some say I should go for it because it's liberating, others say the first time is a complete disappointment like the next few because you're inexperienced and will lose yourself in so many things you have to take into count, and all say the same in the end you should get it done, as fast as you can to jump to the next thing in life.

Normally my response to this fucking argument is just that it's not time yet. And no I'm not waiting for no one in special, I'm not even searching for a sex partner, there's just something's I'd like to take of the way before, going about sex. And one of this thing is live my parents home, following several others priorities.

But what I want to go about in this bit board isn't my sex life (or better yet non-existing sex life). What I really want to do is talk about the "proud" non-virgins that go strutting throughout the world. Because some sense has to put on to their stupid heads; it's not all good, you know?

(And now I must turn to a particular situation, because this is as opened to the world as it is to my small aggregation of friends)

This pressure, of being part of the "group" has hasted the brainless chicken ginger (and I'm being harsh because it's the best way to get some attention). And I don't know if something went terribly wrong, or something of the sort, the fact is that she's not rejoicing over the deed. It actually appears like if she's waiting for someone to tell her that she's done the right thing, and give her a pat on the back. I can't give you proof of what I'm saying, but something in her actions tells me that there's a big sense of shame, deep in her heart, or at least confusion, because she's "bragging" about it to everyone, but in a way like she's explaining how it all went through, how it was ecstatic and overwhelming. Just to impress the audience, just for show of.

It may well seem to her like she's building a heroic status in the group, by trashing herself, but she isn't. She's putting herself in the gutter for no good reason, which is shamble and unworthy (looking far back), I Just hope she changes her ways, because she's tracking a path that is sure to bring her many grieves.

It's how they warn "pride comes before a fall", and Ginger is setting herself for a great fall, one that it will be hard to get back up on to her feet afterwards.

Because we worry

Lestat of Lioncourt

3 comments:

Jack said...

It impresses me how much importance you give to this subject... It's just sex, for God's sake! Some people spend so much time thinking about it and analysing it and theoryzing about it... This is like trying to explain a good song, a good movie, it's fun for a while, but then it spoils the actual thing.

Please don't play a victim here, the "minority", the "rare thing" it's not that rare after all. Do the search, I dare you.
And please don't say "all say the same in the end you should get it done, as fast as you can to jump to the next thing in life", cause at least I don't!
This is not like: the first kiss -> the first night in the disco -> the first seriuos boy(girl)friend -> the first time you have sex -> college -> moving out -> job -> marriage -> babies... etc
There's no "next thing in life". That's like being here just to complete tasks, go from checkpoint to checkpoint... that's a disgusting way to live, I must say.

If you want to wait until you move out, fine! (although, as a true christian, you should wait until you're married, but there isn't enough faith for that, is there?) Maybe you should wait until you have a job and win big money, enough to make sex with her (or him) on a romantic boat trip!


And you (we) shouldn't judge how other people see sex. It's their way. If it bothers you, or you feel bad about it, you can talk to your friend about it or you can just cope with it...
But in this particular case it has NOTHING to do with you, so you wasted a good opportunity to be quiet.

I never talked about my first time to anyone but the person I shared it with, but maybe some people feel good talking about it, it boosts their ego, it's good for their self esteem. Maybe they trust us so much they think it's just one more thing to share with friends at dinner table.

Again, you wasted a good opportunity to shut the fuck up and don't be mean to people for once, cause as private as this blog may be, it's still public, and your words may have bad consequences...

John said...

I shall start by saying that i'm two impressed, by the fact i can still surprise you.
The second thing is: you make me laugh!
But i should take you seriously, because you're right, it's Just Sex. but i can't (sorry about that:p).
But let's give it a try, shall we?
It's funny dough, how i wrote once (It's all about sex" does not count because is only a collection of videos) about sex and you take it like i'm making a great deal out of it - i regard that is a big fucking post.
But then you're absolutely right i cannot play victim on this, it's my fucking choice to hear people grab about their senseless sex life.
About the steps in life, thats just a way to play the game, each one of us has a different way. (and i wont discuss faith or religion with you here in the blog, i prefer to do it face to face so that i can punch you)

And back we are to the judging jingle again. And one more the answer is yes we should judge, so that we create different points of view and create a better world.
And the matter of people in this country, starting fucking all over the place was made my business since the government is giving 200 € of my money for every little bastard.

About your first time i deeply thank you for not sharing.
Other people, sharing is alright (all the reasons you said have been fully noted) but sometimes they go too far, like ginger did, and then it is just awfully sad.

And the one who should have had his mouth shut isn't me, this time... It's awfully easy to be a good fellow condescending to everything, it's nothing really.

Lestat of Lioncourt

Jack said...

I give up trying to discuss something with you. You turn things around, you put words in my mouth I never said, your arguments are old and stupid (what's with all the pounching and the freaking 200€/babie again??)
There's a time when it's good to talk to someone with different opinions. And there's a time when it's funny to end a discussion with "I'll punch you" jokes and "god said it" jokes and "it's too much trouble" jokes. But that time is long gone...

I thought some reason was getting into that head of yours, but I guess it's just pick up girls time and people don't ever really change.

I rest my case

Sound Track