Friday, August 14, 2009

The most blood I've ever seen

I had just parked the car. Me and my mother were getting out as we saw a woman trying to get the attention of the neighbours. It seemed someone had just felt from a bike and crashed in the ground. At first I thought it was just an old man who had felt and was having trouble to get back up. He seemed fine... As I got closer I started to see blood, too much blood, and he was bleeding heavily from his head. Everyone just kept saying "Someone call an ambulance!" and no one did. I eventually did call an ambulance and had to wait like two minutes to talk to the emergency team. They asked me how old he was (who the fuck cares?) then they asked me if he had lost his consciense, to what I replied "no, he's fine, apart from the 2 litres of blood coming out of his head..."
They said they were coming.
There was a guy who just kept saying "ehh, that's some bad stuff you have there..." "ehhh, look at what you've done...". The old man kept bleeding. Just imagine him, two or three pools of blood and everyone staring at a safe distance of around three meters. It was about now that I tried to help him compress the wound and sit him down, but I couldn't.
Right about now, as well, I saw something that impressed me: the lady who owned the house near the place where he felt started to do something. I hear some noise and I see a garden hose coming out of a little hole in the wall... She was preparing to start cleaning the floor... And... well... the man kept bleeding...
I didn't know if I should laugh or cry.

Eventually the ambulance came and after like 30 minutes took the man to the hospital. Well, not before they do start cleaning, the owner of the house and two of the fireman... cleaning. Cleaning.


A few hours later, the old man was back at my grandfather's telling everything was allright and asking for the bike. I guess some people are just tuff...

No comments:

Sound Track