Monday, March 16, 2009

...*d#.lu^º´çk (get it? it's untitled...)

I guess this deserves a full post. Besides I can't sleep, so...

I don't like prejudice, of any kind... There's only one thing for wich I judge people before I meet them, and even that only applies in some special cases.
I'm proud of that.

That's why I don't like when people say somethings like "He's a man, what's to be expected?" or "They're all the same..." And I don't like it the other way around, either.
In my opinion that's over-simplifying things. I can't conceive that out of all the people in the world, there's only two general "recepies" to tell how people act and are: one for men and one for women. I'm not arguing we're not different. We certainly are, very much. But not all of us fit the profile.

I recon sometimes it makes our life easier. We assume those are the reasons for the bad things people do to us and that helps us. And prepares us for the future. But, hell, I wouldn't like to know what life has in store for me!
I wouldn't like to be a girl and everytime I had boyfriend I would be 99% sure he'll cheat on me. Just because... I wouldn't like to have a girlfriend and be scared all the time about meeting her parents or about commitment. Just because...
That's the movies.

I don't like football. I don't cheat. I like to talk "in the bed". I sure cry. I've said the same things with my body and my words, and I've said different things with each one too. I say 'I love you' as many times as she needs, if not more. I like to hear it too... (no John, I'm sure of my sexuality...)
Now, am I the perfect man, or is it just that people are not what they're supposed to be, anymore? What's more likely? (pick the first!! the first!)
I think most of those things are outdated. Society has evolved faster than our minds, and categorize people makes us feel in control, when we're not. There's so much more diversity now, that it just doesn't apply anymore... Each case is unique and worth the struggle to understanding.
That's my opinion. That's how I see the world, and how I don't want to understand by generalizing. That's me and only me. You feel the way you do. And you do the things you need to feel better.


And now I'm sleepy... :)

1 comment:

Sin said...

lol yes, you are different, that´s why I like you, don´t you get it?! It´s mainly because I can´t put you in a box and be sure you won´t surprise me. Cause you always do, and that´s great! But that doesn´t mean that lots of people don´t confirm those stereotypes, cause if it wasn´t like that they wouldn´t exist in the first place.

I like to see every single person as unique and singular, but that requires hard work, and when it gets too exausting I start to see boxes. A don´t believe you don´t do that sometimes, come on! How many boys you know that cry in movies or books, that say I love you as many times as needed and doesn´t get tired of talking about feelings? I´m not saying they don´t exist, I´m lucky cause I met a few, but that´s the exceptions, not the rules... I´m just glad there are exceptions, I really am.

Sound Track