Saturday, March 21, 2009

My digestive theory.


I had an Economy professor that once said; that our generation lived in a society that was too fast for our nature to comply. He added that that is easily shown by the way we do things, we’re so addicted to this unnatural speed and adrenaline, that we seem junkies always wanting more, more and more…

Now has this way of life isn’t clearly good for our health, I came up with a theory to correct this addiction that over powers us. I call it the 3 minutes theory, although that’s not quite it.

My theory basis is that human beings should wait 3… timescales units (seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, years…) to react to whatever happen (in the same unit), using that time to think about it, and to rationalize things.

Example:
Someone tells you a joke; witch takes about 30 seconds, so you should wait three seconds before laughing, so that you can reason if the joke really is worth the laugh or not.

You have been working in a project for a hole day, then you should wait 3 hours before presenting it to anyone.
(If you still have droughts’ about certain situations that may come up just live a comment saying your predicament)

This theory came to my mind, when I thought about the three hours that it takes a human to digest his meal, and how we don’t respect that, leaving many people with gastric problems.

And the time it takes to create life (9 months, 3 for the mother, 3 for the father and three for the new born), and how not respecting that creates emotional as well physical problems for all the involved.
I’m not sure; actually I don’t have the slightest idea, this is a shoot in the dark, but there could be a small possibility that this brings peace to the world.

Think about it, for three seconds
John Scar Kramer

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, I thought about it for... some secs, and I guess, you're right. maybe not exactly with the number 3, but you're definitely right about thinking before talking/making. thta's what I often miss, that people don't think. whether they think for 3 secs, or for 5, I don't really care, as long as people simply take some time before acting! ;)

Sin said...

It´s a good theory, but I agree with aboxfullofcookies about the relevance of the number 3. Why 3?

John said...

i chose the number 3 because i think it's fair number, and because 3 is the number of ways anything can turn, (right, left and enter).

That's why

Sin said...

Humm, ok... fair enough. But I prefer 7 :)

Sound Track