Monday, March 9, 2009

Even empty promises fill the blanks


Every day it is the same thing, we walk by town and see couples kissing and making promises to each other, politicians in the first page saying things are about to change, and we think to ourselves “There’s a bunch of empty words”.

No matter where you’re going no matter where you came from, you will always hear unrealistic promises, impossible love sewers, false testimony of ability and hyperbolas, between other things. This is like taxes, it’s impossible to escape it. But never mind those empty words; do think instead about, what is your judgment?

When you hear someone telling his\her lover that he\she will love her\him forever, what do you think to yourself? (Please don’t go saying “Oh! I think it’s very romantic, and I would love to have someone to tell me that” because even “Fuck you! You promiscuous slut, I should burn your intestines and serve them to your dog, you bastard” can be romantic if said in the right moment and with the right preparation) Do you think, bastard\bitch is lying to his\her face and he\she is eating it up poor child? Or how wonderful, jeez they clearly were made to each other, I just wish good luck for both, I’m happy for them.

(If you choose the second option you are clearly lying and should exclude yourself from reading the next part of the post for moral reasons.)

You never thought how happy either of the intervenient are? The one promising the impossible is happy, because he\she just promised the world and got it back, with a gesture from the other end (a kiss, a smile, a nod…). The other is happy for the empty promised he\she heard, and for the three seconds that it made him\her smile\dream\imagining, and rewards those kind words with the simplicity of a kiss, a smile, a nod…

“Is better to hear a fake love promise, than to never hear from love at all.”

Hearing empty promises is good for your health, because you dream for two\three seconds and the world stops, in that moment you that it’s all going to go better from now on, because of those words.

“Even if it isn’t true tell me you love me.”

There’s something more I’d like to say. Every week I go to church, and people ask me if I’m a true believer, I answer no, the next pop-upped question is “Then why do you go?” And I have to say that no true believer goes to church (except the priest, of course), only non-believers go in search for the contact, the proof that God exists, we ask for salvation, forgiveness, and help. If we were true believers we would know that we are saved, we would have no reason to be forgiven for, and no help to ask just to offer. The celebration that goes inside a church is search for the belief, and because belief is an important part of our journey here on earth, I suggest that you pray at least once a month.
John Scar Kramer

5 comments:

Calvin said...

http://www.onlylyrics.com/hits.php?grid=2&id=1009300

Sin said...

Good reflexion. I guess you are trying to understand some stuff. All of us are trying that, we only have different reasons for the quest. I think the right question now is not what is happening, but why is happening.

I´m a believer, but I´m not catholic and I don´t go to church. I don´t know if I belive in God (certainly not in priests) but I must believe that good things happen if you try to be a good person. I don´t belive in church, but I must believe in justice, cause I loose myself if I don´t. We are not so different as you imagine, we just look for answers in different places.

I´m a cat that likes dogs, but what fascinates me, and scares the hell out of me is other cats.
I´m used to rage, and I can handle it for a while, but I´m looking for love and kindness not constant fights. You don´t trust me, and I get it, but I´m not evil.

Jack said...

Nice post John.

I'll just like to say that the "one promising the impossible" does not think it is impossible, really, and it feels good even if you don't get the world back, just saying it makes you feel good with yourself (not as much as the real deal of course!)
And it's not just two/three seconds, I think some people can smile/dream/imagine for so much longer with just a few words from another person. Which is not necessarily good... or bad! lol

But I liked your dissertation!
Now please, I'm begging, make me a happier man and tell me when does "Fuck you! You promiscuous slut, I should burn your intestines and serve them to your dog, you bastard” can be romantic??? Please??

John said...

first to the last

Jack: wouldn't you like to know how "Fuck you! You promiscuous slut, I should burn your intestines and serve them to your dog, you bastard” can be romantic. I'll teache you next week on cb.

Sin: I'm sorry, if this seams rude but i don't care if you're catholic or not, and i don't care if you are a pissing dog or a smelly cat. and i'm not trying to understand anything i just saying "it isn't all bad!". Other than that, thank you for the first two words of your comment.

Calvin: Same as Sin i'm just saying "it isn't all bad!"

Sin said...

lol you are welcome John! Whatever you wish... I´ll be sintetic next time. Sorry for sharing.

And yes, of course it´s rude, but I wasn´t expecting anything else but that from you so...

Ahh, and I hope you meet some nice chic who likes to be treated like shit 5 days a week ;) They are out there, they are just more difficult to find.

Maybe you could learn something from Jack. Always a pleasure*

Sound Track