Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hard Life

I don’t know much about human psychology (I don’t even know if this is redundant) but I know one thing: people tend to victimize themselves too much.

Either it’s lack of money, too much money, lack of happiness, lack of intelligence, feeling ugly, etc, etc, everyone always finds at least one answer to the question “why is your life so hard?”. And I don’t like that at all.

I once had a teacher who, almost every morning class, as early as 8am, would say “You think your life is hard? You’re wrong: you’re lucky. You have food and water on your table, you are healthy and you are here, learning. You’re luckier than most.” That’s the only thing I remember from that teacher.
And so, I think that’s the key to surpass all your problems: relativity.

I don’t like when I hear people saying their life is hard, they have all sorts of misfortunes happening to them all the time, they’re not happy, they make up problems even when they don’t have them…

From my point of view, life is so easy… I just live it… and that’s it. I learn with the past, “I live in the moment”, but I always think about the future. There’s nothing hard in that. But if you don’t learn with your mistakes, it’s ok. If you don’t do or say everything you wanted to, it’s ok. If you worry too much about the future, or if you don’t worry at all, it will be ok…
You have no tests, like in school; you have no pressure, because you already know how it’s going to end.



What would you say to someone who’s about to be born?

I would say: Come with no fear. Live. Dream. Love. But anger not to do that. Be patient. Be kind. Be good. Expect to get what you give, but always hope for more. And give more.

To live life, you just have to be alive. It’s easy. Everyone does it!

“Just remember, the same as a spectacular Vogue magazine, remember that no matter how close you follow the jumps: Continued on page whatever. No matter how careful you are, there's going to be the sense you missed something, the collapsed feeling under your skin that you didn't experience it all. There's that fallen heart feeling that you rushed right through the moments where you should've been paying attention. Well, get used to that feeling. That's how your whole life will feel some day. This is all practice. None of this matter. We're just warming up.”
Chuck Palahniuk

2 comments:

Milady De Winter said...

what would i say to someone who is about to get born? Simple: you're about to get some!!

Now for real, good review. it totally reflects the way you see the world...simplicity!

Oh baby..if everyone was so simple, the world would be a lot better!!

Anonymous said...

i know what you mean.
when everybody is complaining about everything.

i think, thats what makes us people as we are:
if we have no problems, we go and get some ;-)

but thats life. (which means not, life is hard blabla, but its life, that people tend to make it as complicated as possible.)

Sound Track