Sunday, January 18, 2009

...


We are, if anything, creatures of habits, but most of all, creatures of inventions.
Humanity created fire, wheels, cars, planes, playstation (and singstar along with it!!), condoms,… However, the human specie spent a lot of time developing theories about non-biological stuff, like love and hate, souls and sins, heaven and hell..
Where does it come from and where does it leads, this quest? This need to solve life mysteries when the simplest questions can never be answered…What are we? Why are we here?
We’d be better not looking at all. But that’s not human nature, not the human heart, that is not why we are here. (We’re not here to quiz, not here to be quiet either.)
Yet, still we struggle to make a difference, to change the world, never knowing for certain who we’ll meet along the way; who among strangers will hold your hand, touch your heart and/or share your pain of trying..
Being human is really hard!!...That’s why there are a lot of people (lazy and intelligent people) who choose not to bother, not to care..Truth be told, they just refuse to try to save the world which cannot be saved!! Here’s my thought “we’re all going to hell, may as well enjoy the ride”.
But again, do what I tell you to, not what I do..(and do not try it on me)
You must fight for what you believe in…There’s a chance (small one, but a chance) that your hard work will make Earth a better place to live in!!
You must MAKE A DIFFERENCE, so people like John and me can use our IQ in very special things…….

(If we save ourselves, who is going to save everyone else??)

1 comment:

Sin said...

You earned my respect. You have a brilliant mind. I hope, while you are here, that you find lots of people like me, that do care and make it possible. I believe it´s the only way peolple like you and John (not meaning any negative thing) can actually do something important with your lifes. I´m a backstage person. I seriously care about people, even if they are strangers to me. I care about the man who sells tissue paper in Av. João XXI, I care about the teenager that got pregnant too soon, and I do care about people who talk about suicide. Things like these are not jokes, and I can´t understand how can someone full around with such subjects. It´s too much for me, cause really I´m the backstage person who tries that a play go well in a theater full of people who wants to sit and enjoy. I´m not an artist, I don´t have a brilliant IQ, but people who have, still need people like me to succeed.
We need each other, and that´s the way it is.
So please, let´s just enjoy the ride, not being cruel to other people around, cause as Jack has pointed it out: «our freedom ends when the others begin».

Sound Track