Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Not so good...

Something I've learned is that it doesn't matter if you try to be the best. If you set your goals too high the possibility of failure increases. So I don't try to be the best, because I know I'm not.
The probability that you are the best at something is 1/6.600.000.000. That's quite small! So why bother? You may get there, but you will have to sacrifice many things...
So I just try to be good. Not average, I do set my goals a little above average, but being good is enough for me. I don't get sad because "I don't do anything right" and I don't get cocky because "I can do everything". It works for me.

That being sad, what really pisses me off is when I don't get there. I hate it! Especially when I know why, and the reason was I didn't try hard enough.
But at least I know what I don't do: I don't blame other people or other things for my failure. You know, you may fall many times, but you won't be a failure until you say that someone pushed you.

But I'm ok... I have this strange hability to overcome bad results. I just set my mind that it isn't that important for now. I wait and then I do it again, until I get it right. Has worked so far...

If everything went like you planned, where would the challenge be?

1 comment:

Sin said...

Know what you mean. I wish I could be like you. I wish I could overcome bad things withought thinking or saying, in some extension, that was some people´s fault, not just mine. Maybe I´m a big failure cause I do that, but you know, there are some things that are too big and too ugly to carry on my own. I just can´t handle it, it´s too heavy. And no one should, cause it´s too hard. That´s what therapists are for, that´s what family and friends are for. They are people who can help you carry on with the bad stuff, and enjoy the good stuff.

No one can be happy on their own. Maybe it would be nice, but it just doesn´t happen that way. We are humans, not gods. We are social animals. We have expectations, believes, emotions and feelings. The difference between us all is how we deal with all that.

Putting your expectations above average is your healthy way of dealing with frustration. Mine, is not so healthy, that´s why I need a therapist and you don´t ;)

But please remember, maybe you are not supposed to be the best(few are), but that doesn´t mean you should´t try your best, know what I mean? Cause if everyone thinks that way, there would be no «bests».

Sound Track