Monday, February 16, 2009

Hamlet for Children

Every time I post something in this blog, I do some research beforehand, just to be chore of what I’m talking about.
In my search for knowledge today I found some sketches of the Movie the Lion King, after further search I found the music video “Be Prepared” that is one of my favorite song since childhood, which reminded me that this movie has some relative curios connections. For example; Hamlet.
The plot of the Lion King is very similar to the Shakespearean play, a part the fact that in the movie the main characters are lions and in the play it’s humans, but the uncle that kills his brother to take charge of the kingdom, and the king appearance in the young prince’s dream telling him to seek revenge, It is all there.
Trivial right?
And to think that many of today’s young ones have never even glanced at a single scene of this epic. We’re literally depriving our children from cultural knowledge, how dare we do such a thing.
Well either way I bet you haven’t seen this movie since… forever; shut your computer down, go rent the movie, make some pop corn and enjoy it once again.
Make me happy;
John Kramer

3 comments:

Sin said...

I´m sorry... I just think it´s so sad... And right now I´m looking for laughs. But you are right. Children should see it more often and that goes for us too. Some movies teach us some important values. We should remember those more often.

John said...

Laughts ei?
Let me just remind you of one phrase "Hakuna Matata"
This is a children movie, everyone is happy at the end.

Do me a favor go watch it again and have a great Laught
John kramer

Sin said...

Maybe I will. But I do remember it as one of the sadest movies for children.

Sound Track