Thursday, February 26, 2009

Little Bird


Have you ever been the cat?
I have... I am from now and then.
Sometimes a little bird appears in my life, so beautiful and fragile, yet so confident and secure. I don't feel like hunting for the bird. I just feel like watching it and touching it. But because I'm big and clumsy, I'm afraid to hurt it and so I just stare, and do nothing.
The little bird seems perfect trough the glass. It doesn't even notice me and goes on with its life. There's no way it could ever let me touch it, because it's not suposed to, it's not normal.
And so the clock goes on as I sit there, too afraid to show myself, too afraid to go around the glass.
As everything that is beautiful, there is an angle from wich the bird is ugly. And I end up seeing it. You know, the truth hurts - not the searching after but the running from. Against all odds I still feel atracted to the bird, even with its flaws: it's what makes it that bird and no other, and I like them. As always, the little bird eventually flies off and I go on with my life.
Some days I lay down and purr, wishing the bird would come back...

11 comments:

Sin said...

I hope the bird does come back and the cat finds the courage to go around the glass.

Sometimes the glass can make more damage than the clumsiness of the cat. The bird is flying around and something catches its attention in that window. He doesn´t think twice and he flyes into that beautiful window and then... ooppssss it´s closed and he falls down to the ground. The window was pretty high and now he has one broken wing and he won´t fly again for a while. He would, if he could, but the broken wing hurts too much.
Maybe the bird isn´t able to see the cat, but there must be a reason for him to be by the neighbourwood. If he smells danger again he will go away, but for now he is right there, waiting.

Milady De Winter said...

The bird is GONE!!!..

(and you're better off without him...)

Sin said...

Milady, let the cat go after his bird. Maybe he will see the bird is gone, maybe he will find him right there, by his door. But I believe knowing where the bird is, it´s the best for the cat, one way or another.

John said...

you know what i love aboout birds and windows?

Here see for yourself:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkAavAstfBc

Sin said...

So John, is there a lesson there, you want to share? Why not loosing the white gloves? Have the guts to do it?

John said...

wtf?
It's a fucking hilarious bird hitting a window. Where do you see the white gloves?
Break the ice will you

Sin said...

lolol Sorry, can´t see anything funny in watching a bird hitting a window. The ice melted a long time ago. What about yours?

Milady De Winter said...

see, sin? now i think we're talking about different species of birds..
The bird that is gone is a bad bird...The bird to come is a good one...

Now, sin, don't fool yourself..There are bad birds, kind of suicidal, that are willing to heart this little cat...
Hence, my role as a friend, is to inform Jack THEY'RE COMING TO GET HIM...

Sin said...

I understand your point Milady, I really do, and I do Know that are birds capable of hurting our beloved cat. I don´t think that bird is mean. But it´s a fact it has done some bad things, and I can understand why you think it doesn´t deserve to be with the cat anymore. Maybe you are right, and I wish we could protect the people we love. But I still think it´s up to the cat. It´s his life, his bird, his dreams and sorrows. We should support him, whatever his choices are. Don´t you agree?

Milady De Winter said...

i totally agree with you!
it's his life...but the thing is, as soon as he gets heart i'll clean the bird's stupid mess because friends do that...

And sin,let me tell you:
it took time but i finally realise i know nothing about birds..or how to read people through their posts..

What about you, think you got things right?

Sin said...

No, I guess I get it about 60% and I´m wrong in 40%. But there are people that are very difficult for me to read. It´s easier when I´m just observing... But when ´m interacting and I get involved it gets harder, and I make much more mistakes. Cause I loose perspective, and I start to see what I want to see. Clear enough Milady ;)

Sound Track